This week is national volunteers week and we’d like to say a HUGE THANKYOU to all of our amazing volunteers who make our club great! Running a grassroots sports club like PPYCC requires a large number of volunteers who generously give their skills and knowledge to make a difference in the community, including:
- A team of 10 qualified British Cycling coaches
- An increasing number of coaching assistants who are working towards their own British Cycling coaching qualifications
- Older youth riders who return as coaching assistants whether as part of Duke of Edinburgh schemes or to give something back by sharing their considerable skills and racing knowledge
- Our 9 committee members who cover club management, rider welfare, membership, finances and kit sales
- Numerous parent-helpers every Saturday who together cover session registration, site marshalling, track sweeping, grandstand sweeping and rider timing / lap counting during time trial sessions.
- Parent-mechanics who help to get old bikes fixed up and back into circulation for new club members
- Social media and website writers, editors and photographers
- Ex-club members who have gone onto racing careers and continue to support the club with kit and prize donations
- Event managers for major events like Youth Omnium, Cyclo Cross and Go-Ride Racing events (we usually do at least 2 regional open events in a ‘normal’ season)
- And a small army of event supporters who ensure these major events run seamlessly, from signon, gear checking, photography, catering, judging, timing, standard start holding, site marshalling, first aid and everything else!
It simply would not be possible to keep the club going without all of your help, so a big THANKYOU to all who have contributed your time and skills to the club 🙂