DIFFERENT TIMING TO LAST YEAR! MAKE SURE YOU GET TO THE TRACK AT THE CORRECT TIME FOR YOUR AGE GROUP!
Under 12s – arrive for signing on from 08:30, ready for a prompt start at 09:00. We finish at 10:30.
Older riders – arrive for signing on from 10:15, ready for a prompt start at 10:30. We finish at 12:00.
It can still be cool in the morning, so please wear long sleeves / arm warmers and tights / leg warmers, as well as bringing extra layers to keep warm before and after riding. Long fingered gloves rather than track mitts are a good idea too. Bring water and snack – even though we won’t have time in the new 90 minute sessions for a break, you’ll need to re-hydrate and refuel during the session.
Here’s what’s in store:
09:00 session – We plan three ability groups and as this is the first skills coaching session of the season, we want to focus on core, foundational skills.
- (15 mins 09:00 – 09:15) Sorting into ability groups and warm-up. All together riding in groups. All try stay together within group.
- (20 mins 09:15 – 09:35) Skills coaching in ability groups X3. Mounting/ Dismounting, Pedalling, Braking.
- (20 mins 09:35 – 09:55) As above but groups rotated around skills / coaches.
- (20 mins 09:55 – 10:15) As above but groups rotated around skills / coaches.
- (15 mins 10:15 -10:30) Race based scenario using whole track.
10:30 session – We plan two ability groups and as this is the first proper session back after winter, we want to emphasise safe close riding.
- (10 mins 10.30-10-45) Warm-up. All together riding in pairs on blue line. All try stay together.
- (20 mins 10.45-11.05) Effort. Taking half laps 2/3 efforts each.
- (15 mins 11.05-11.20) Skill activity. Stack groups of 6 doing stack rotating. All together. 5 groups.
- (25 mins 11.20-11.45) Race based scenario. Hare and hounds effort. working together 2 races with younger riders ahead and older chasing. 1/2 lap
- (10 mins) warm down