Hi Volunteers, Thanks for your support, for Sunday’s cross event please see advice below; and attached for Signing On. There is a list of volunteers, roles and timings below which hopefully does not contradict other missives we have recently posted. Anthony
- Parking is difficult, consider parking in the surrounding residential area
- Marshalls need to:
- Be in position in time for the start of each race they are marshalling.
- Check the course markings remains intact [have some barrier tape to hand].
- Check riders keep to the course, note rider’s numbers (on a phone or paper) who make infringements to the rules i.e. leave the course, behave dangerously or discourteously.
- Be polite to the public and help them to negotiate their way through the park, pointing out the recommended routes, especially dog walkers.
- Notify the first aider of any first aid incidents. Alex Beyfus 07717310168, Paul Wilson
- Report to the organiser, or Commissaire any incidents. Note rider numbers if relevant.
- Signing on stewards:
- Please read the attached instructions, these will be available in paper format on the day.
- Setting up/Setting down:
- Setting up is time pressurised and so it is a case of ‘all hands on deck.’ Setting up poles, pegs and barrier tape to mark the course throughout the park. This takes some time and so must start early to be ready for the first race at 10.00
- Setting down is more relaxed other than people want to get home, any additional help here is welcome. Setting up needs the Under 12s course to be completed first, and this will be a part of the adult course with slight variations. Barrier tape does unroll from the box such that it can be located between the fence poles in a spiral, hence cheating the wind. As far as I know you need special training for this as few people can do it.
PPYCC Happy Valley Cross Race volunteer rota
Sunday 1st October 2017
|Role||Times||Volunteer name||Volunteer name||Volunteer name|
|Promoter||All day||Anthony Rogers|
|Course designer||All day||Alan Newman|
|Setting up||08.30 to 10.30||1. Neil Costello||2. Ollie Phillips||3. Tobias Bunyan|
|Setting up||08.30 to 10.30||4. Stewie Martin||5. Jenny Martin||6. Joseph Martin|
|Setting up||08.30 to 10.30||7. Richard Gilmore||8. Ed Raynard||9. Mark Bishop|
|Setting up||08.30 to 10.30||10. Paul Wilson||11. Archie Raynard||12. Lukas Nerurkar|
|13. Adam Churchill||14. Freddie Newman||15. Rahul FT|
|Setting down||15.00 – 16.30||1. Justina PM||2. Anthony Rogers||3. Alan Newman|
|Setting down||15.00 – 16.30||4. Paul Wilson||5. Rob Kovacs||6. Freddie Newman|
|Setting down||15.00 – 16.30||7. Adam Churchill||8. Rahul FT||9. Kim FT|
|Marshalling 1||10.00 – 12.00||1. Teresa Tamplin||2. Natasha Hannah||3. John Ballinger|
|Marshalling 1||10.00 – 12.00||4. Rahul FT||5. Simon Tamplin||6. John Ballinger|
|Marshalling 2||11.30 – 15.15||1. Rob Kovacs [from 12.00]||2. Steve Noake||3. Mark Bishop|
|Marshalling 2||11.30 – 15.15||4. X||5. John Ballinger||6. Rahul FT|
|Marshalling 2||11.30 – 15.15||7. Josh Ballinger||8. Richard Gilmore||9. Lloyd Costello|
|Marshalling 2||11.30 – 15.15||10. Freddie Newman||11. Tom PM||12. James Gilmore|
|Recording laps 1||10.00 – 12.00||1. Justina PM||2. Anthony Rogers||3.|
|Recording laps 2||11.45 – 15.15||1. Justina PM||2. Alex Beyfus||3.|
|Signing on||09.00 to 14.00||1. Kim FT||2. Esther Polden||3. Helen Clarke|
|Prize allocation||10.00 to 15.00||1. Kim FT||2. Esther Polden||3. Helen Clarke|
|Catering||All day||1. Charlie Booth||2. Archie Raynard [to 12pm]||3. Jojo from 12pm|
|First Aid||09.30 – 15.00||1. Alex Beyfus||2. Paul Wilson|