We have received the request below, which is to help with a student MSc research project. We do not know Gemma but we hope some of you may feel happy to support her in her research.
- Are you a parent of an athlete aged between 6 – 21 who is involved with their sport at a competitive level?
- Are you available for an interview to talk about your experiences and involvement in your child’s sporting participation?
This is for an MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology dissertation entitled: “How are parents gaining the skills required to successfully “Sports Parent” and what effect does this have on their child’s sporting participation?”
Parents are recognised as psychologically significant in their child’s sporting development, and their involvement can massively influence a child’s experience. The aim of this study is to understand the parent’s perspective – what is your experience of being involved with your child’s sport and how have you gained the required skills to successfully support your child in this?
1. Child must be aged 6 – 21 and currently (or previously) involved within a professional organisation
2. Interviews will be conducted between January and April 2018
3. Interviews will take approximately 1 hour and will be conducted at your child’s training premises or over telephone / skype where appropriate
Interested? Please contact me using any of the details below:
Tel: 07747 803851